Many people are surprised when I tell them you can make breakfast in a slow cooker. Honestly, you can make just about anything in a slow cooker! 😉
This Fresh Veggie and Herb Omelet from Fix-It and Forget-It Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes for Mom is full of good-for-you ingredients, but doesn’t lack in the flavor department at all! In fact, it’s just bursting with FRESH flavors!
Making omelets in a pan can be challenging. Making omelets in a slow cooker is simple…..throw in youe veggies, pour the egg mixture over the top. Easy peasy!
For this recipe, you can change up the veggies however you like. Customize it! Make it your own. Live it up….after all, you’re the chef in your kitchen! If you don’t like feta, scrap that! Choose a cheese that makes your tastebuds sing.
So, give it a try! Comment below when you do and tell me how you customized your omelet!
This recipe and 149 others can be found in Fix-It and Forget-It Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes for Mom wherever books are sold.
Fresh Veggie and Herb Omelet
Hope Comerford, Clinton Township, MI
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 4–6 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-qt.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh chopped basil
6 dashes hot sauce
2 cups broccoli florets
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
½ cup fresh chopped parsley
1. Spray crock with nonstick spray.
2. In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic, basil, and hot sauce.
3. Place broccoli, yellow pepper, red pepper, and onion in crock. Gently mix with a spoon.
4. Pour egg mixture over the top.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 4–6 hours, or until center is set.
6. Sprinkle feta over the top, then cook an additional 30 minutes.
7. To serve, sprinkle the omelet with the chopped tomatoes and fresh parsley.
Happy Slow Cooking!