Here’s a recipe that’s fancy enough for guests, but easy to make (even a day or two ahead of time). A baked potato becomes a gourmet dish when you top it with crab, basil butter, and a touch of Parmesan cheese. A perfect dish for holiday company or a special weeknight meal.
Stuffed Potato and Crab With Basil Butter
Makes 4 servings
4 large baking potatoes
1 lb. crabmeat
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
1.5 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (1.5 tsp dried)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill (2 tsp. dried)
5 green onions, chopped
salt to taste
pepper to taste
4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bake potatoes and cut in half. Remove potato, being careful to leave small amount in the shell. Keep the shell for restuffing. Mash potatoes.
2. Stir basil into softened butter until well mixed.
3. Saute crab in 2 Tbsp. basil butter. Stir in remaining butter, garlic, dill, onion, sale, and pepper. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir crab mixture into mashed potatoes. Blend well. Put mixture back into potato skins.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese and broil for 5 minutes.
- Baking Potato
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Dill
- Green Onions
- Grated Parmesan Cheese