Think that herb butter is too fancy for your weeknight dinner table? Think again. Here’s an easy but delicious recipe, full of caramelized garlic and fresh herbs, that will make any dish—from grilled vegetables to medallions of beef—special.
Roasted Garlic and Herb Butter
Makes 1.5 cup
1 medium-sized garlic bulb
1/4 lb. butter, softened
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon (1 tsp. dried)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill (1 tsp. dried)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (1 tsp. dried)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (1 tsp. dried)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (1 tsp. dried)
1. Roast garlic at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until soft. Test doneness by gently squeezing. Cool.
2. Peel each clove. Place in bowl and mash until smooth.
3. Stir in butter and herbs. Beat until smooth and evenly combined.
4. Refrigerate in a container with a lid, or shape into a roll, chill until firm, and slice to serve.
5. Place slices over grilled beef, chicken, or fish, or spread on warm French bread.
- Garlic bulbs