The more I cook with a slow cooker, the more I learn. You bet it’s a simple appliance, but there are tricks that make it behave even better.
Yes, Fix-It and Forget-It NEW Cookbook has 250 fantastic new recipes. But I also give all kinds of tips and hints in this book that I’ve learned along the way. Things that you so often just have to figure out for yourself. Like—
● “How do I really know when my whole chicken or beef roast is done—but not overdone?”
● “How do I keep pasta from getting mushy?”
● “What’s the best way to bake a cake or bread in a slow cooker?”
● “I don’t want the sour cream to curdle that the recipe calls for. How do I prevent that?”
● “I get all mixed up about when I should put fresh herbs in—and when dried herbs should go in. Which is which, and how can I remember?”
● “You mean I don’t have to soak dried beans overnight if I’m going to slow-cooker them?”
● “Can I let my recipe cook longer by putting frozen food into the slow cooker? I won’t be home in time to turn it off when the recipe says it will be done, so I want to extend the cooking time.”
These, my cooking buddies, are the kinds of problems that I answer in Fix-It and Forget-It NEW Cookbook!
Plus, with each recipe I give you its Prep and Cooking Times so you can choose a recipe that fits your time slot.
I tell you the Ideal Slow-Cooker Size for each recipe.
And whenever there’s room on the page, I tell you “Why I Like This Recipe!”
We’ve marked many of the recipes “Quick and Easy” because you can make them almost without thinking. (The other recipes aren’t hard. They’re just a little more challenging and fun if you have more time and know-how.)
And for the first time—we include 200 gorgeous full-color photos of finished recipes so you know what the results will be!
I hope you love this book. Coming October 1 (Pre-order here)!!!