Football season is just around the corner and these Sesame Chicken Wings are a wonderfully flavorful treat perfect for game time. The tangy combination of sesame, honey, and scallions is a crowd-pleaser guaranteed to have your hungry crowd asking for more! The best part—the slow cooker does all the work so you can enjoy the game, not get stuck in the kitchen.
Sesame Chicken Wings
Fix-It and Forget-It Christmas Cookbook p.182
Makes 16 appetizer servings, or 6-8 main-dish servings
Prep. Time: 35-40 minutes
Cooking Time: 2½-5 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-qt.
3 lbs. chicken wings
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1¾ cups honey
1 cup soy sauce
½ cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
toasted sesame seeds
1. Rinse wings. Cut at joint. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on broiler pan.
2. Broil 5 inches from broiler flame, 10 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl, except sesame seeds. Pour over chicken.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 5 hours or on High 2. hours.
5. Sprinkle sesame seeds over top just before serving.
6. Serve as appetizer, or with white or brown rice and shredded lettuce to turn this
appetizer into a meal.
My husband and his coworkers have a pot-luck-lunch at work. It’s a good way to break the monotony of the week or month. And it gives them a chance to share with each other.
What better way to have the food ready than in a slow cooker!
-Tasted Sesame Seeds