Still trying to find the perfect dessert for your cozy Valentine’s Day dinner? Nothing says “romantic” like chocolate, and the good news is, there’s still time to get our Dessert Fondue in the slow cooker and serve it tonight.
You don’t need one of those fancy fondue sets to make or serve Dessert Fondue. Your slow cooker will do just fine, and will hold enough warm, chocolaty deliciousness to satisfy a small crowd. But why would you want to serve a small crowd on Valentine’s Day? Make this for your sweetheart tonight.
Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook, page 609
Makes: about 3 cups
Prep. Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-quart
1 Tbsp. butter
16 1-oz. candy bars, half milk chocolate; half semi-sweet chocolate, broken
30 large marshmallows
1/3 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
1. Grease slow cooker with butter. Turn to High for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix broken candy bars, marshmallows, and milk together in a bowl.
3. Put candy-milk mixture into slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on Low for 30 minutes. Stir.
5. Cover and cook another 30 minutes. Stir.
6. Gradually stir in whipping cream. Cover and cook on Low another hour.
7. Serve the fondue warm from the cooker with pieces of pound cake, angel-food cake, bananas, and pretzels for dipping.