Makes 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 8-10 minutes for each baking sheet
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar until well blended.
3. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
6. Stir in food coloring until well blended.
7. Drop by heaping teaspoonsful onto parchment-paper-covered baking sheet.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes.