This one-pot meal has it all—meat, potatoes, and vegetable (if you use the optional peas).
Twenty minutes of prep in the morning, an all-day simmer in the slow cooker, and dinner’s on the table five minutes after you walk through the door in the evening. This is just too easy! A green salad and applesauce make nice go-alongs.
To lower the sodium, substitute low-sodium soups or make our homemade cream soup.
Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook, page 460
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 4-10 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 ½-4 quart
2 lbs. potatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick, divided
1 lb. fully cooked smoked sausage link, sliced ½-inch thick, divided
2 medium-sized onions, chopped, divided
10 ¾-oz. can condensed cheddar cheese soup, divided
10 ¾-oz. can condensed cream of celery soup
10-oz. pkg. frozen peas, thawed, optional
1. Spray interior of cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Layer into the cooker one-third of the potatoes, one-third of the sausage, one-third of the onion, and one-third of the cheddar cheese soup.
3. Repeat layers two more times.
4. Top with cream of celery soup.
5. Cover and cook on Low 8-10 hours, or on High 4-5 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
6. If you wish, stir in peas. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. (If you forgot to thaw the peas, stir them in but let stand 10 minutes.)