You have probably discovered how much we really love making desserts in the slow cooker. We can’t get enough of them. How could you resist something as tempting as Black and Blue Cobbler or Hot Fudge Cake?
Well, today’s dessert is another that will leave you wanting more. The lemon makes it wonderfully refreshing, the perfect way to end a meal on a hot summer’s day.
Lemon Pudding Cake
Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook,Revised and Updated, page 248
Makes 5-6 servings
Prep.Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 3- to 4-qt.
3 eggs, separated
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
¼ cup lemon juice
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1 ½ cups milk
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup flour
⅛ tsp. salt
1. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks. Blend in lemon peel, lemon juice, butter and milk.
3. In separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Add to egg-lemon mixture, beating until smooth.
4. Fold into beaten egg whites.
5. Spoon into slow cooker.
6. Cover and cook on High 2-3 hours.
Serving suggestion: Serve with spoon from cooker