Many of you have commented about making a large amount of meat in the slow cooker, then using this meat for several recipes throughout the week.
We recently found a recipe that we think is great for this type of meal planning! This recipe requires very little prep, but results in a great tasting ham that which you can use in a variety of recipes. Or, you can just eat it with some of the additional juices spooned on top.
Glazed Ham in a Bag
Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient Favorites, page 141
Makes 12 servings
Prep. Time: 7 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 6- to 7- qt.
5-lb cooked ham
3 Tbsp. orange juice
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1. Rinse meat. Place in a cooking (or oven) bag.
2. Combine orange juice and mustard. Spread over ham.
3. Seal bag with a twist tie. Poke 4 holes in top of bag. Place in slow cooker.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
5. To serve, remove ham from bag, reserving juices. Slice ham and spoon juices over. Serve additional juice alongside in small bowl.