It’s here! Buy the Book Week is upon us and we’re pretty excited! Fix-It and Forget-It Vegetarian Cookbook is now available wherever you purchase your cookbooks. Buy the book this week and join the eating fun.
And, because we’re in such a festive mood, we’re giving away $250 cash. That’s right, folks. $250.
To enter: Just scroll down to the comments section of this blog and tell us which recipe you have tried or are most excited to try (including the page number) from Fix-It and Forget-It Vegetarian Cookbook.
Any recipe will do as long as you like the way it looks.
We will pick one (1) random winner and send them a check for $250 smackeroos. Where will we announce the prize? Right here on the blog on Monday, May 7, 2012.
And to celebrate your brand new copy of Fix-It and Forget-It Vegetarian Cookbook (which we’re sure that you are purchasing right now), here’s one of our very favorite recipes from the cookbook. Chocolate Peanut Butter Slow Cooker Cake, page 239.
Thanks for helping us celebrate!
(And, of course, there’s no purchase necessary to win.)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Slow-Cooker Cake
Fix-It and Forget-It Vegetarian Cookbook, page 239
Makes 12 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-2 ½ hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-qt.
1 cup flour
1 ¼ cups sugar, divided
¼ cup plus 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder, divided
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups boiling water
½ cup peanut butter
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ½ cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder and baking powder.
2. Whisk in the milk, butter and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
3. Pour into a lightly greased slow cooker.
4. Combine the ¾ cup sugar and ¼ cup cocoa powder.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the boiling water and peanut butter and whisk till smooth.
6. Add to the cocoa and sugar mixture and mix until well combined. Pour over the batter in the slow cooker. Do not stir.
7. Cover. Cook on high for 2 -2 ½ hours, until top is set and slightly puffy.
8. Use a spoon to dish from the slow cooker. Serve warm with ice cream.
Tip: This is cake and sauce together!