It’s National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day! We found the perfect recipe in Fix-It and Forget-It Vegetarian Cookbook to help celebrate the day. It is a great twist of French Toast and a traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Enjoy the recipe and celebrate the day. And remember, this new cookbook will be on shelves on May 1!
PB&J French Toast
Fix-It and Forget-It Vegetarian Cookbook, page 33
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
12 slices white bread
¾ cup peanut butter
¾ cup jam, any flavor
¾ cup milk
¼ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1. Spread 6 slices of bread with peanut butter and 6 slices of jam. Put the slices together to make sandwiches. Set aside.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
4. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture.
5. Lay in skillet. Brown in butter over both sides.
6. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve immediately.