A couple of weeks ago we made pizza in our slow cookers. Today we will make tacos! It might not look like a taco, but the seasonings are all the same.
This is a great “fake-out” to get the same great taco tastes without the hassle of the various steps involved in taco prep. And, it beats worrying about how many of the taco shells might have broken in the box.
Fix-It and Forget-It, Revised and Updated, page 126
Makes 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1½ -4 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4-qt.
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
¾ cup water
15-oz. can tomato sauce
1¼ -oz. envelope taco seasoning
8-oz. pkg. shell macaroni, uncooked
1. Brown beef and onion in a skillet.
2. Drain off drippings.
3. Add water, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
4. Mix well.
5. Simmer for 15 minutes in skillet.
6. Transfer to slow cooker.
7. Stir in uncooked macaroni.
8. Cover. Cook on High 1 ½ hours, or on Low 4 hours, or until macaroni are fully cooked but not mushy.
Serving suggestion: Just before serving, top with shredded cheddar cheese.