Did you know March is National Peanut Month? If not, don’t worry: it’s also Irish American Month, Frozen Food Month, Social Workers Month. . . .
When we stumbled on National Peanut Month, we learned a lot about the history of the peanut in the United States. For fun, we made a little quiz for you so you can see how much you know! Just answer the questions in the comments – we’ll post the answers and our source tomorrow.
1. Which two U.S. presidents were peanut farmers?
A. George Washington and Andrew Jackson
B. Jimmy Carter and George Washington
C. Theodore Roosevelt and Jimmy Carter
D. Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter
2. What percentage of US households consume peanut butter?
3. In what year was peanut butter patented?
4. Which of the following is NOT a true statement about peanuts?
A. Peanuts are high in cholesterol.
B. Peanuts have more antioxidants than green tea, tomatoes, and spinach.
C. Peanuts are not nuts.
D. The peanut plant is originally from South America.
5. Who prefers chunky peanut butter over creamy?