Once a month for the past 6 months, we have hosted a group of eight men at The Good Cooking Store for a private class. They all attend the same church and have an interest in cooking, so they asked if we would host them in a series of classes.
We have had a wonderful time planning these events and getting to know this group. They are great students, very eager to learn. Furthermore, some have surprised us with how much they actually already know about cooking. We wonder sometimes if their families are aware of all of their skills!
Our February class had breakfast and brunch dishes as its theme. Our main dish was quiche. While we don’t have time in the evening class to complete a whole slow-cooker recipe, we found this great quiche recipe for you all.
So, men, pull out those slow-cookers and impress your loved ones!
Easy Spinach Quiche
Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook, Revised and Updated, page 25
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4- to 5-qt. oval-shaped
Makes 6 servings
2 pkgs. flat refrigerated pie dough
1 cup spinach dip
4 oz. prosciutto, diced
4 oz. pepper jack cheese, diced
1. Press pie crusts into cold slow cooker. Overlap seams by ¼ inch, pressing to seal. Tear off pieces to fit up the sides, pressing pieces together at seams.
2. Cover. Cook on High 1½ hours.
3. Beat eggs in mixing bowl. Stir in spinach dip, prosciutto, and cheese. Pour into hot crust.
4. Cover. Cook on High 1½ hours, or until filling is set.
5. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.