We challenged ourselves recently to see how many recipes we could list involving frozen chicken breasts. Specifically, we were thinking about the large bags of frozen chicken breasts, like the ones you get at Costco or Sam’s Club.
This little exercise made us realize how truly versatile those frozen chicken breasts can be, especially for those of us on the go with busy lives. We think this chicken is a necessary item in every busy person’s freezer.
Here is one of the delicious recipes that we discovered in our little challenge.
Fix-It and Forget-It Christmas Cookbook, page 171
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-qt.
Makes 4-6 servings
16-oz. jar Alfredo sauce, divided
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
8 oz. dry noodles, cooked
4-oz. can mushroom pieces and stems, drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pour about one third of Alfredo sauce in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Add chicken and cover with remaining sauce.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 6 hours, or until chicken is tender but not dry.
4. Fifteen minutes before serving, add noodles and mushrooms to cooker ingredients, mixing well.
5. Sprinkle top with cheese. Dish is ready to serve when cheese in melted.
Serving suggestion: Serve with green salad and Italian bread.