There is really no explanation for why I love this recipe—except that it is juicy, it is flavorful, it is unique. And it takes 10 minutes to prepare. Nothing compares to the aroma of the savory, yet sweet, sauce when you walk in the door after a day away. And the taste? Incredible!
So, I guess I do have an explanation. It is plain and simply good.
Asian-Style Country Ribs
Fix-It and Forget-It, Revised and Updated, page 149
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 hours
Ideal Slow-Cooker Size: 5-qt.
1/3 cup orange marmalade
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 or 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
¼ cup light soy sauce
4 lbs. meaty spare, or country-style, ribs
1. Combine all ingredients except ribs in a bowl.
2. Brush mixture on both sides of ribs.
3. Place coated ribs in slow cooker.
4. Pour remaining sauce over ribs.
5. Cover. Cook 8-10 hours on Low, or until meat is fall-off-the-bone tender, but not dry.