Dressed-Up Green Beans are a “must-have” at any big family meal here in Lancaster County. The best part is, unlike real mashed potatoes, a roast, or a homemade pie, this dish takes five minutes to prep and even fewer ingredients. Dressed-Up Green Beans: fancy enough for an elegant dinner – easy enough for family supper.
Dressed-Up Green Beans
Fix-It and Forget-It 5-ingredient favorites, pg. 174
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2½-2¾ hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 3- to 4-qt.
3 14½-oz. cans green beans, drained
2 10¾-oz. cans mushroom soup
6-oz. can cheddar, or original, French-fried onions, divided
1. Spray interior of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Put drained green beans into cooker.
3. Put 2 cans mushroom soup on top of beans. Stir together gently.
4. Cook on High 2 hours.
5. Add half a can French fried onions. Stir and continue to cook 30-45 minutes.
6. Sprinkle remaining onions on top and serve.
Variation: We love making homemade cream of mushroom soup. Give it a try by clicking here for the recipe.