More than 5000 people call the borough of New Holland home. Highway 23
When we’re stumped about what to serve for dessert, we always turn to the tried-and-true cobbler. We usually have the ingredients on hand, it’s easy to prepare and almost everyone we know smiles at the sight of the tasty dish. Just Peachy emphasizes what we like best in a satisfying cobber: hearty oats and sweet fruity flavor. Now isn’t that pleasant, delightful and, well, just peachy?
Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook, page 598
Makes: 4—6 servings
Prep Time: 2—3 minutes
Cooking Time: 4—5 hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3-Quart
4 cups sliced peaches, fresh or canned (if using canned peaches, reserve the juice)
⅔ cup rolled dry oats
⅓ cup all-purpose baking mix
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon, optional
½ cup water or reserved peach juice
1. Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place peaches in slow cooker.
3. In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. When blended, stir in water or juice until well mixed.
4. Spoon batter into cooker and stir into peaches, just until blended.
5. Cover and cook on Low 4—5 hours.
6. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.