Let’s be honest, there are a zillion recipes for chili out there and, in the end, no chili is like Mom’s chili. But who has time to stand over a pot and add four different types of beans and an array of spices at varying moments throughout the cooking process? Here’s a quick and easy stove-top recipe for chili. In fact, it’s called Quick and Easy Chili. Don’t worry, we made sure “quick and easy” did not mean “without taste.” Serve it with Lemon Bread and be sure to have a copy of both recipes on hand when Mom asks for them.
Quick and Easy Chili
Fix-It and Enjoy-It! 5-Ingredient Recipes, pg. 67
Makes 3—4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
½ lb. ground beef, or turkey, browned and drained
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 15-oz. cans chili-style beans with liquid
8-oz. can tomato sauce
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
2. Drain, leaving about 1 tsp. drippings in pan. Saute onions and garlic until softened.
3. Add beans, with liquid, and the tomato sauce. Bring to a slow boil.
4. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Return meat to skillet. Heat together for 5 minutes.
Tip: Leftovers makes good chili dogs.