With a gray sky overhead, we need something colorful for supper. This combination of onions, tomatoes and green peppers not only tastes delicious, but the vibrant presentation is sure to impress those gathered around your table tonight.
Tangy Pork Chops
Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook, page 55
Cooking Time: 5 ½ – 6 ½ hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-quart
4 ½ inch-thick pork chops, bone in, trimmed of fat
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 medium onions, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 large green pepper, sliced
14 ½-oz. can stewed tomatoes, no salt added
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 reduced-sodium beef bouillon cube
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. water
1. Place chops in slow cooker. Sprinkle with pepper.
2. Add onions, celery, pepper, and tomatoes.
3. Combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and bouillon.
4. Pour over vegetables.
5. Cover. Cook on Low 5-6 hours.
6. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into slow cooker.
7. Cover. Cook on High 30 minutes, or until thickened.
8. Serve over rice.